Re: [css3-images] Gradients feedback

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:48:15 +1000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
fantasai wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Boris Zbarsky<bzbarsky@mit.edu>  wrote:
>>
>>> [1] More precisely, in non-premultiplied space the point |t| between
>>> rgba(r1, g1, b1, a1) and rgba(r2, g2, b2, a2), where 0<= t<= 1 is:
>>>
>>>  ...(a consequence of all such colors being equal to each other
>>> numerically
>>> in premultiplied space).
>>
>> Yeah, color math goes over my head.  I'll just nod.
>
> I'm not even looking at the math here, but if bz's example is useful,
> I suggest putting it in the spec as an example.
>
> ~fantasai

There is a precise maths in color.

<http://css-class.com/test/css/colors/3d-color-prism-216-colors.htm>

The grayish band in the middle of the gradient is roughly the same as
the midway point between yellow and white / black in the
3d-color-prism. It would actually be half the value in intensity. As
seen in this the 3d-color-prism, it is only the colors between yellow
red and white/black that get dirty. A gradient between orange and
transparent would have a brownish color in the middle.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/