RE: [css3-multicol] Multi-column layout with height set

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 16:45:03 +0000
To: Ishii Koji <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Great question. It seems very reasonable to have a mode like this.

The actual calculation of number of columns is part of shrink-to-fit calculation (currently left undefined). Perhaps 'shink-to-fit' definition should include this as a special case, like this

	if height and column width are specified, srnik-to-fit width should be
	calculated to produce exactly as many columns as needed to fit content.

Would that work?