RE: [css3-multicol] column balancing and fixed height (RE: Question on Flexbox balance implementation)

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:57:18 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Chris Jones <cjon@microsoft.com>
I think you are thinking about a different kind of overflow (perhaps having a column-span element which itself is wider than multicol box?). The case mentioned doesn't have any overlap, it is column-span element that just doesn't fit and ends up in an overflow column. See the picture in the first email of the thread.