Re: NodeSelector, :visited, and :link

From: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:42:37 -0700
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On 8/25/10, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2010, at 9:25 PM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> This is a security issue. Servers can track a computer's personal
>>> browsing history by using attribute selectors together with :visited
>>> or server side scripts (for which I have little knowledge) and :visited.
>>>

>> And?
>
> And then construct a very convincing phishing attack because they know what
> bank you use and what products you showed interest in there.
It seems that you're imparting commentary on the parts of the spec
that I cited earlier. Did you read that message? You also seem to be
missing the point of my post, though it's not so easy to determine if
that is the case because you've not really stated a position. A la
Alan's post.

Please do read all other messages in this thread.

Regards.
--
Garrett