Re: W3C CVS For Dummies - 1st draft

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:18:55 -0700
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Cc: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, www-style@w3.org
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:22 AM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 25, 2010, 11:27:22 AM, Tab wrote:
>
> TAJ> Some rough Windows instructions:
>
> Some alternate Windows instructions (for those who prefer a gui to a command line, or at least want the option).
>
> Go to Tortoise web page
>  http://www.tortoisecvs.org/
> Download and install it
> Read the faq on using Tortoise CVS with ssh
>  http://www.tortoisecvs.org/faq.html#ssh

I had tried that previously, with fantasai and Bert in IRC helping me
out.  I failed.  This sucked, because I really like using TortoiseSVN,
but for some reason the three of us just couldn't figure out how to
get the CVS to work.

I turned to cygwin because it should basically work the same as Linux,
which I *did* get working.  Turned out to be a good idea.