Re: [css-style-attr] SVG WG comments on CSS Styling Attributes Level 1

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 05:45:53AM -0400, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> >Some days I wonder if the lunatics are really running the asylum...
>
> This is the web.  It's "run" by people who write web pages, by and
> large.  What you think of them is up to you.

I quite liked this reply.

I will say that my impression is that it's less so for SVG than for HTML,
presumably because it's less common for SVG files to be entirely hand-written.

A few years ago Inkscape used to allow [and even write] scientific format in
style attributes, but this was unintentional, and we went to some effort to
correct this oversight.

User agent writers are still under pressure to display erroneous SVG documents
contrary to the error-handling behaviour that the spec gives (that tries to
help authors locate and fix erronous SVG); but at least my own impression is
that the governing board of the SVG asylum has a higher representation of
implementors and spec editors than does the board of the HTML asylum.

pjrm.