Re: [CSS 2.1] [Section 10.3.3] Questions on width of block-level, non-replaced elements in normal flow

Alan Gresley wrote:

> To follow up, what is happening is the declared value of div#child of
>  margin-right: 400px (in Gérard's test case) or my ridiculous
> margin-right: 10000px are completely being ignore. The computed value is
> margin-right: -400px.
[snip]

I am wrong, the computed value is margin-right: -200px. It is as if
the CSS was as follows.

div#child
   {
   border-right: green solid 200px;
   margin-right: -200px;
   }

The div#containing-block and div#child width and the generated
containing block width are both width: 0px.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/