Re: [CSS 2.1] [Section 10.3.3] Questions on width of block-level, non-replaced elements in normal flow

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 8/24/10 6:19 PM, Anton Prowse wrote:
>>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/block-non-replaced-width-008.html
>>>

>>> I mean here
>>> a) there should be no red
>>> b) the calculations given in the source code are correct
>>>
>>> That test has its own importance because, right now, there is diverging
>>> implementations among browsers.
>>
>> Looks right to me. Who's getting this wrong?
>
> Webkit.
>
> -Boris

Agree. I don't quite follow what WebKit is doing but it is seen in the
initial test case by Gérard. I have altered Gérard test case slightly.

<http://css-class.com/test/block-non-replaced-width-008-gtalbot.htm>

What is happening is something like this, there is visual overflow.

     (note: [containing block] ei. [] = 0)

        [      200px     |     200px    |    200px      |    etc
con-bl [] padding-right | border-right |
child                                 [] border-right | margin-right |

        * ---      negative margin of div#child     ---*

:after [      width     ]

--
Alan http://css-class.com/