Re: [CSS 2.1] cases that do not pass in any browser

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 06:49:08PM +1000, I wrote:

> I was proposing that inheritance is determined by the document tree
> (just as cascade.html currently says) and that there be an additional level of
> "inheritance"-like behaviour for boxes placed in a certain line box, comparable
> to how "The properties of anonymous boxes are inherited from the enclosing
> non-anonymous box" (section 9.2.1.1).

If I'm saying "comparable to 9.2.1.1" then I should perhaps also be explicit
about a difference from the 9.2.1.1 case: for 9.2.1.1 the "extra level of
inheritance" gets added to the end, whereas :first-line requires the inlines
[and floats, depending on whether we go with red or green] on that line box
need their own styling to override (inherit from) this "extra level of
inheritance", i.e. the extra level isn't simply added to the end of the
inheritance chain.

pjrm.