Re: [css3-multicol] test suite

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:56:10 +1200
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

> If we go with (b), I suggest, well, I don't suggest we do that.
> Clipping makes more sense, no?

I'm not convinced. CSS defaults to overflow:visible and generally clipping
only occurs when the author requests it somehow.

I also think that clipping column rules vertically would be less useful than
letting them be the height of the columns, and I think that horizontal
clipping would not be a particularly useful, so I favour not clipping.

Rob