[css3] About opacity

From: Felipe Nascimento de Moura <felipenmoura@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:59:59 +0000
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
Hi there.
I'm sending this e-mail because I looked around and couldn't find anything
about it. So, I'm sending this little idea.

It is related to the implementation of opacity. I have thought on this:

  opacity: 0.5;

Well, the point is that ... I believe it would be better if the son could
restore its opacity to 1, if it s set to it, instead of always applying its
parent opacity plus its own opacity.  In this case, we would be able to
easily implement a transparent background with opaque content. When working
with RIAs, worrying about the look of the application, it may be very handy

Well, that's all. Thanks for your time.
Best Regards.

Felipe N. de Moura
Web development