Re: [css3-fonts] Behdad's Feedback on CSS Fonts Module Level 3 Editor's Draft 5 April 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:50 PM, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:

>> Right, synthesizing it by running a transform on individual glyphs
>> would make sense.  You can't do that with CSS transforms, though.
>
> Er, just watch me! ;)
>
> Try this in Safari, Chrome, Opera, FF4b2+:
> http://people.mozilla.org/~jdaggett/tests/xtransform.html

You did nothing of the sort.  ^_^  You're not stretching the text at
all, you're stretching the element, exactly like I said.  That
obviously has fairly severe consequences for layout in an actual page,
not to mention affecting how non-textual child elements react.