Re: [css3-values] proposal for handling division and units in calc() [ACTION-205]

On Thursday 2010-08-12 01:15 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> > From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On
> > Behalf Of L. David Baron
>

> >   Note: Except for range restrictions, all values allowed inside an
> >   expression are either numbers or values that are permitted in the
> >   context of the expression.
>
> If the context of the expression is the padding property then negative
> values, while not allowed as a result of the expression, should still
> be usable in the expression itself. Or am I misreading this ?

They'd still be allowed in the expression itself, and if the result
were outside of the allowed range, the value would be clamped to the
range (since you can't always tell at parse time whether it's going
to be in the range).

-David