Re: [css3-gcpm][css3-box] aligning baselines in multicol layouts

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:
> To ensure that alignment can be achieved, a new value on
> 'line-box-contain' property is proposed: ''gap''. The value means that
> the height of the line in which the element occurs should be rounded
> up to the smallest multiple of the used ‘line-height’ value on the
> containing block. In this example, the stacking height of div.figure
> would be 30px (2 * 15px):
>
>  div.multicol {
>    line-height: 15px;
>  }
>  div.figure {
>    height: 20px;
>    line-box-contain: block inline replaced gap;
>  }
>
> There may be better names for this value, perhaps, ''crack'',
> ''snap'', ''snap-gap'', ''void'', ''grid'', ''snap-to-grid''?

I definitely agree with the use-case.  Not happy with "gap", because
it's completely unclear what the gap is.  I'd say that "grid" sounds
good, but I don't know if we'd want to reserve that for combination
with Grid Positioning.  'line-grid'?