Re: [CSS21] anonymous blocks vs run-ins; and Distinguishing block boxes proposal

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Peter Moulder
<peter.moulder@monash.edu> wrote:
>  block
>    run-in     Doesn't run in
>    inline
>      block
>
> That last example is particularly interesting, and I believe it conflicts with
> 9.2.3 if one reads 9.2.3 as just making statements about the final box tree:
> the run-in box doesn't contain a block[-level] box, so (1) doesn't apply; and
> a sibling block box (that does not float and is not absolutely positioned)
> follows the run-in box [viz. the anonymous block box], yet the run-in box
> hasn't become the first inline box of that block box.

I don't understand your explanation here.  In the final box tree the
run-in still has an inline sibling - the inline element is broken
around the block, generating an inline box, then a block box, and then
an inline box.