Re: [css3-mediaqueries] [CSS21] Difference between CSS21 and Media Queries in parsing media?

Hi fantasai (and www-style)

fantasai schrieb:
> On 07/29/2010 07:05 AM, Johannes Koch wrote:
> The statement from 7.2.1 that you're missing here is
>
> # @media and @import rules with unknown media types are treated as if
> # the unknown media types are not present.
>
> An invalid media query from CSS2.1's perspective is effectively an unknown
> media type.

I would have guessed that an unknown media type is something that a)
matches the parsing rules for a media type and b) is unknown (undefined)
in a specific version of CSS.

So my reading was that e.g. "&test" does not meet a) and so is not an
unknown media type, but part of a malformed statement.

> I agree that CSS2.1 could be more clear on how to handle unexpected tokens
> in the media list. Probably
>   s/unknown/unknown or malformed/ or s/unknown/invalid/
> in the above-quoted statement, and somehow adding the
> brackets-and-quotes-matching
> rules to the general definition of "ignore" would help...

If this is the intention of CSS 2.1 then, yes, it should be made more clear.

--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)