Re: Border-Images and 'round': CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:03:30 -0700
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Brad Kemper wrote:

> Because partial tiles look pretty bad, right? If each side is tiled
> first, with the number of whole tiles (or single stretched tile) that
> will fit in the space, and then positioned in the space, then there is
> not this problem for "repeat" either. Here is how I would do it:

I'm fine with adding a 'space' option for border-image to match
'background-repeat'.

I'm /not/ comfortable changing 'repeat' so that it behaves differently
in border-image than it does for backgrounds. Yes, it's use is somewhat
limited to images that have a sharp linear division between the corner
and the sides, but I think the usefulness of changing that to add a gap
is questionable and not worth the inconsistency with background-repeat.

~fantasai