Re: [Selectors] Clarify when universal selector may be omitted

[dropping the mailing list this doesn't belong on; I have no idea why
you chose to ignore the explicit reply-to header on my mail]

On 9/29/09 8:06 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Which means that while you can omit the whole thing, you can't just
>> omit the '*' and include the namespace component, Webkit's behavior to
>> the contrary notwithstanding.
>
> What seems strictly necessary is to better the CSS 3 Selectors text
> which, by quoting CSS21, is focusing on the "*" character:
>
> "If the universal selector is not the only component of a sequence of
> simple selectors, the * may be omitted."

Ah, yes.  That should say "the universal selector may be omitted",
presumably, though then it should also say something about how the
universal selector needs to be in the default namespace for that to
work.  I agree that sentence is just wrong.

-Boris