Re: Shrink to fit

From: Eduard Pascual <herenvardo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:14:24 +0200
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't understand why this couldn't have been accomplished with
> inline-block elements inside a text-align:center element.

Sorry, my bad. I just have tested the "menu" thing alone and it seems
that display:inline-block + text-align:center does the job. Of course,
it breaks miserably on IE7 and earlier, which I guess was the reason I
had to mess so heavily with the code.
Since it is pointless to discuss legacy browsers' incompatibilities
here, please ignore that example and accept my apologies for the
mistake.

Regards,
Eduard Pascual