W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > September 2009

[CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-09-09

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:58:03 -0700
Message-ID: <4AB98EBB.3090403@inkedblade.net>
To: www-style@w3.org
Summary:

   - Reviewed status of Beijing Profile, 2.1 issues, and TPAC plans.

====== Full minutes below ======

Present:
   César Acebal
   Tab Atkins
   David Baron
   Bert Bos
   Elika Etemad
   Sylvain Galineau
   Daniel Glazman
   Hĺkon Wium Lie
   Chris Lilley
   Brad Kemper
   Steve Zilles

<RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/09/09-CSS-irc
* bradk is only semi-here as I fulfill other commitments.
Scribe: Tab Atkins

Agenda
------

   glazou: What to do with Beijing profile?  Make note about it or drop it?
   glazou: Requests fantasai to write up minutes from last week.
   Bert: wants to discuss exactly what the containing block is for a run-in.
   glazou: Hakon wants to defer 2nd item (floats in multicol) until next week.
   <fantasai> http://www.w3.org/2009/09/02-CSS-irc  -- unformatted minutes from last week
   <fantasai> I'll send the minutes out soon
   glazou: Hyatt's not around, so defer first item (gradients) until later

Beijing Profile
---------------

   <fantasai> Beijing profile is waiting on Selectors
   <dbaron> I think we should continue planning to advance css-beijing on
            rec track
   fantasai: role of CSS Beijing is to describe the state of CSS at the time.
   fantasai: waiting on Selectors to enter CR before Beijing can enter CR.
   glazou: Any other opinions about what to do with it?
   * myakura wonders if MQ can be a part of the profile
   <dbaron> myakura, I think MQ should be in the next one
   Sylvain: who is it useful to?
   fantasai: it's useful to people who don't track us closely, and want to
             know what's useful/usable right now.
   fantasai: Beijing says "these are the specs we consider to be stable and
             active, and should be considered "part of CSS" right now"
   sylvaing: I've never seen anyone talking about Beijing outside of the WG.
   Sylvain: Who is using it?  How do they find it?
   fantasai: Validators are using it. Our website can be confusing, but it's
             still a useful document. Will be more useful once we redirect
             css3-roadmap to point to it; that'll happen with its CR publication.
   Fantasai: The current work website lists all sorts of things that may not
             be actually useful CSS right now for authors, Beijing provides
             a useful service to authors.
   <dbaron> We could also rename it to "CSS Snapshot 2010" or whatever once
            we determine what the correct year is :-)
   glazou: As long as authors will find it useful, I'm okay with it.
   glazou: What do we do with the current document?
   Bert: It's useful as a CR.  I want to point people to it.
   Bert: At the moment it's just a Working Draft, and causing confusion with
         all the other WDs we have.
   sylvaing: ...but if it is aimed at authors, the latter need to be able to
             get to it and find it easily
   fantasai: I can't move it to CR until Selectors moves.  I'd love to move it,
             but selectors is blocking.
   fantasai: Let's deal with Selectors LC so we can move it.
   fantasai: I need a full week to address all LC comments and get them
             formatted/published
   glazou: Defer that, waiting on fantasai to address Selectors comments
   <anne> FWIW, moving the snapshot to CR is possible even if Selectors is LC
   <anne> The normative reference problem arises at PR, not CR, and even there
          you could in theory ignore it if you have good reasons.

CSS2.1 Issues
-------------

   glazou: next item from Bert!  (containing block for run-ins) Suggest send
           an email to www-style
   Bert: Sure.  I can point out options, but am not sure which direction to go in.
   glazou: Give people a week or so to think about it on the list.
   glazou: Any further CSS 2.1 issues to discuss.  don't think we had anything
           left from last week?
   fantasai: Don't believe anything off the top of my head is ready for discussion.

TPAC / Future Agendas
---------------------

   glazou: TPAC - we should start collecting agenda items
   * fantasai will come
   <ChrisL> I will attend TPAC
   glazou: I'd like to know how many people are coming.  Send attendance/regrets
           asap, don't forgot to book flights and hotels.
   glazou: CSS Variables - we need Hyatt, so let's not discuss, but at
           least get it minuted.
   glazou: Proposal from Hyatt and me in Webkit, another proposal from fantasai
   glazou: It's a top question from designers.  I want a decision to either
           move forward or just drop it.
   glazou: it seems like we just stopped
   Bert: I want it dropped; haven't changed my opinion
   glazou: I'll drop Hyatt an email to get him in next week.
   glazou: That's it.  Short call.  See you next week.
Received on Wednesday, 23 September 2009 02:59:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 17:20:21 GMT