Re: radial-gradient() proposal

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 13:33:44 -0500
To: David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
I've also supplemented the proposal with examples now that I have a
generator for them.

Also, the file provided in previous links in this thread will die at
some point in the future (I overwrite files named "test" without
thought).  The more-or-less permanent location of the gradient
generator is now
http://www.xanthir.com/etc/gradient-example/gradient.php.  Feed it
three arguments in the query string: a "width" parameter giving a
length in pixels, a "height" parameter also giving a length in pixels,
and a "radial-gradient" parameter containing the contents of the
radial-gradient() rule.

Frex, the first example on the proposal is generated with this url:
http://www.xanthir.com/etc/gradient-examples/gradient.php?width=100&height=200&radial-gradient=yellow,green

As this uses a hand-implemented CSS parser, it accepts only a subset
of the full CSS language.  Lengths must be provided in either px or %,
angles must be provided in deg, and colors must either be an SVG color
name or a hex value *without the #*.

As before, the proposal itself can be found at:
http://www.xanthir.com/:4bhipd

It hosts both the linear and radial gradient proposals, so scroll down
a bit to see the radial gradients.