RE: Talk on radial gradients

From: David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:09:08 -0700
To: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
| Well, what I've got now is a limited form of center location (only
| allow keywords, so it only permits corners, center of sides, and
| center of box), a shape (circle or ellipse), a size(sides, corners),
| an axis (width, height, biggest, smallest), and then color-stops.

I believe that if ellipse-center-position were <bg-position>,
and shape were a <percentage> (of the axis length,
    where 100% = circle) or 'auto' (which corresponds
    to your 'ellipse'),
then the spec would have all the functionality I mentioned and your simple-case example would still be valid (except that it would have to be "left top," not "top left").

David Perrell