Re: [css3-selectors] :nth-child issues

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:33:22 +0200
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
L. David Baron wrote:

>> Second, what should happen when a and b are both 0?  This matches no
>> elements, since it evaluates to 0 and the first element is 1.
>> However, Opera drops the rule entirely, rather than keeping it around
>> as a rule that simply matches nothing.
>
> The spec doesn't say to drop the rule, so it's just a rule that
> matches no elements, just like p:not(p).

I still think/hope we'll have at some point in the future a way to reach
individual simple selectors in a rule's selector instead of the current
CSS OM 'selectorText'. It could then become possible to programmatically
change a and b.
The rule should not be dropped. As David says, it should match no
element, that's totally different.

</Daniel>