Re: [cssom][dom-level-2-style] Status of CSSValue and other DOM-L2-Style interfaces obsoleted on www-style

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 19:52:08 +0200
To: "Sylvain Galineau" <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: "bert@w3.org" <bert@w3.org>, "Sam Fortiner" <samfort@microsoft.com>, "Travis Leithead" <travil@microsoft.com>
>> From: Anne van Kesteren [mailto:annevk@opera.com]
>> Do you have any suggestions? Can Microsoft maybe provide us with an
>> author/editor for CSSOM? :-)
> Are you asking me to volunteer ? To be clear, I'm not worried about
> removing these. I know that even I can do that...But I'd like to
> understand the impact of obsoleting this on existing SVG and CSS3 specs
> as well as implementations, why we wanted to obsolete them etc. And I
> think we're talking about DOM L2 Style here, not CSSOM. Right ?

Well, CSSOM is the successor of DOM Level 2 Style (it replaces it). I was
asking for someone to edit the replacement, which admittedly is a lot of

I think the impact on CSS3 proposals is that they need to change. Same
probably goes for SVG. Unless we revert the decision and decide we do want
this terrible API...

Anne van Kesteren