Re: Border-Images and oversized corners: CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:40:05 -0500
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:35 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> I didn't simplify the border-radius formula because I couldn't figure
> out a better way to explain it.

Suggestion:

"If the sum of the two top radiuses or the two bottom radiuses exceeds
the width of the box, or the sum of the left or right radiuses exceeds
the height, find the pair of radiuses that would require the greatest
percentage reduction to make it no longer exceed the width/height of the
box, and apply this reduction to all radiuses proportionately."