Re: New values for Float property

Using hacky layout methods are sometimes the best choice available to Web designers when trying to target the most widely used Web browsers, and also trying to achieve a particular layout. You may disagree with the subjective design choices, but Salar's e-mail was about proposed values, not about existing limitations in desktop software. As long as we are talking about proposals, I think it is clear that www-style list IS the place to talk about replacements for hacky layout tools. That is why we discuss template layout, grid positioning, flexible box layout, display:table-cell, etc., which COULD be alternatives to them (once they are widely implemented).