New values for Float property

From: Salar <salarsoftwares@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:04:15 +0330
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi,

I would like to suggest new values for "float" style.

Here are two new values:
far: behaves like "right" when direction of element is "ltr", and behaves
like "left" when direction of element is "rtl".
near: behaves like "left" when direction of element is "ltr", and behaves
like "right" when direction of element is "rtl".
Note: "far" and "near" are just suggested names and can be different.

Why these are important? Because currently in RTL languages to develop a
multilingual website, changing elements position requires another stylesheet
file (e.g. rtl.css) to implement right-to-left layout. The reason is because
of float attribute which acts same in rtl and ltr directions.

So adding these two values to float property will help developers a lot.

If we continue this concept, such values or properties can be applied for
these styles too:
padding-left
padding-right
border-left
border-right
outline-left
outline-right
margin-left
margin-right
background-position
and more if there is any...

I hope, my suggestion was clear to understand.
Thanks.
Salar