Re: [CSS21] "containing block" disambiguation"

From: sam <samuelp@iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:45:04 +0800
To: www-style@w3.org
On 11/26/2009 12:39 AM, sam wrote:
> Hi.
>
> In section 9.1.2 of CSS2.1 spec, I think it should be explained better
> that the term "containing block" applies to boxes of inline and block
> elements. The term is misleading isnt it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam.

Hmm, yes I agree its misleading and ambiguous at best.

hyperlinks from "containing block" scattered through document should
link to 10.1 Definition of "containing block"
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visudet.html#containing-block-details> not
9.1.2 Containing blocks
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#containing-block>.

Cheers.