Re: [cssom] unrecognized rules and properties

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:18:40 -0200
To: "Mike Wilson" <mikewse@hotmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:14:58 -0200, Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> What case has been made for removing this support? IMO
> there are strong arguments for having it.

This was decided long ago based on that implementations did not have to
keep the rules around. If we want to change this I'm not sure a
grammar-based approach for the defining the CSS parser is appropriate
anymore since we'd need to define exactly which strings end up in the DOM
for any kind of input.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/