Re: [gradients] basics

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 3:26 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Hm, I think I'm just confused about what radial gradients are. :)
> I'll have to look into that in more depth. What I described is how an
> SVG image would behave but we've got something different here.

Indeed.  Radial gradients appear to exceed the current abilities of
SVG by a goodly bit.  At least, Schepers was having some real
difficulties translating anything beyond the simplest examples into
SVG, while he was able to achieve at least a close approximation on
all the linear gradients pretty easily.

> I think we should define this in gradients, at least for now. I can't
> think of another existing concept of "finite size, infinite paint"
> images, and it's hard to explain without a concrete example.

I keep vacillating, but I think I agree.