Re: [gradients] basics

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:38:36 -0800
To: robert@ocallahan.org
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Brendan Kenny <bckenny@gmail.com>, "Ph. Wittenbergh" <jk7r-obt@asahi-net.or.jp>, www-style List <www-style@w3.org>
Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org
> <mailto:robert@ocallahan.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk
>     <news@terrainformatica.com <mailto:news@terrainformatica.com>> wrote:
>
>         There are no other CSS properties that take multiple values and
>         cannot be split into separate parts.
>

>     'content' is another.
>

> So are box-shadow and text-shadow.

According to http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-box-shadow :

"This module previously defined a ‘box-shadow’ property. This feature
has been removed from this module for further discussion, and should
reappear in another CSS module in the future."

If they would even there then the same argument as for the content() -
it makes no sense to split them at all.

But again I think that in any case they should use list() function with
optionally named arguments.

h3.b
{
   text-shadow: list( light: 1px 1px white, shadow:-1px -1px #444 );
}

so when needed components can be redefined independently:

html[when="sunset"] h3.b
{
  text-shadow[light]: 3px 3px orange;
}