Re: [gradients] basics

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:
> Say you have following:
>
> // file common.css
> body { background: linear-gradient() }
>
> // file A.css
> body { background: url(a.png) repeat }
>
> // or file B.css
> body { background: url(b.png) repeat }
>
> The task is to be able to keep in
> A.css all other background settings defined in common.css

That is a much more general problem that afflicts *any* CSS properties
that take more than a single value.  It just happens to be even worse
for properties that take a list of values, but it's nothing special
about backgrounds and gradients.  "common.css" could define another
image which you want on a particular level.  Or it could be shadows,
or fonts, etc..

(This is why I'm not happy with how properties that take lists work at
the moment, but we won't solve this issue by special-casing every
individual problem as it happens.)