Re: [gradients] basics

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ph. Wittenbergh"
> <jk7r-obt@asahi-net.or.jp>

This is not true if the transparency is not constant and dimensions
are not known beforehand.

e.g. the effect of changing the font size in the provided example
cannot be simulated in that way.

> I strongly believe that benefit of having gradients and other synthetic
> background color distibutions to be addressible independently from images
> significantly overweights any multi-layer tricks that can be achieved.

Can you be specific about what you want to be addressable beyond what
is available through the different properties of multiple background
images?