Re: Linear gradients: state of the proposal

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:56:21 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

On Nov 6, 2009, at 10:50 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand how the angle would flex, and currently
> believe I would find it *very* confusing if I said "45deg" and ended
> up with a gradient that wasn't a straight diagonal.

The idea is that the spec would make it clear that you are specifying
the angle as though on a square, but that the final image is
dimensionless and could (would) be stretched and distorted. Just as
though you created a square image in Photoshop with a 45deg gradient,
and then resized the image (except you would have resolution
independance).