Re: radial-gradient() proposal

From: Ryan Seddon <seddon.ryan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:41:18 +1100
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm finally happy with my radial-gradient() syntax.  You can view it
>> at http://www.xanthir.com/:4bhipd (scroll down past the
>> linear-gradient() examples).
>>

> We landed an implementation of this spec on Firefox trunk today --- with a
> -moz prefix, of course --- so it'll be in the latest nightly build by now.
> We think it's pretty complete. So people who want to experiment with this in
> a browser can now do so. Feedback appreciated.

Why was linear-gradient, radial-gradient decided? To me it would make more
sense to have the syntax as gradient-linear, gradient-radial,
gradient-repeating-radial etc. They're all gradients and would make more
sense, especially if scanning a CSS document you could determine a lot
quicker that those styles are all gradients.

-Ryan