Re: how to normalize redundant CSS?

On Sun, 17 May 2009 16:40:52 +0100, Phlip <phlip2005@gmail.com> wrote:

> Phlip wrote:

> The problem with this approach is CSStidy did not reach into my HTML and
> merge all the redundant style class attributes. That means if the old
> system had the same class repeated many times with different names, the
> new system still uses that. I'm bloody aware that a CSS tool cannot
> reach into my raw HTML source (which happens to be HAML), but a feeb
> attempt would have been nice. Thots?

Is Brothercake's Firefox extension "dust me selectors" what you're looking
for?

"It extracts all the selectors from all the stylesheets on the page you're
viewing, then analyzes that page to see which of those selectors are not
used. The data is then stored so that when testing subsequent pages,
selectors can be crossed off the list as they're encountered.

You can test pages individually, or spider an entire site, and you'll end
up with a profile of which selectors are not used anywhere."

http://www.sitepoint.com/dustmeselectors/