[CSS21] Section 10.8 on line-height and vertical-align should have schemas and examples

From: Gérard Talbot <info@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 20:59:24 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org
[I am resending this email as it appears it was not received or not sent
in the www-style email list]

Hello all,

I believe that sections 10.8 and 10.8.1 of current CSS 2.1 specification
should be expanded to include examples and schemas.

I deeply believe that section 10.8 of CSS 2.1 should have

- judicious schemas of all involved and related concepts (em-box,
line-height, baseline, font-size, line box, inline box, leading, content
area, etc)

- at least 2 complete examples of how vertical formating should be rendered

The ordinary web author should be able to consult such schemas in order to
better (easier, reliably) understand sections 10.6 and 10.8.

Without schemas, an ordinary web author will still struggle [even] if he
stumbles on Eric Meyer's Inline Formatting Model
http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/inline-format.html

Best regards,

Gérard Talbot