Re: CSS3 Web Fonts issue with ‘block on download’

David Hyatt wrote:
> WebKit should probably
> eventually display the wrong font after a certain timeout period, but
> displaying the wrong font immediately is as bad as FOUC.

I agree. This would be a good compromise. On very slow bandwidth or if a
less-than-careful web developer creates a 3 MB-large web font, rendering
without the web font would be useful. But the FOUC should be avoided at
the same time.

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

The illegal we do immediately.
The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
(Henry Kissinger)