Re: [CSS21] rules="all" attribute specification and border-collapse property

Apparently, this didn't get sent to the list since I made a mistake in
the CC field. I've forwarded it to www-style@w3.org.

Gérard Talbot wrote:
> Sylvain, I created your test and loaded it in IE 8. The borders'
> color is lighter (light gray); what matters and what is reasonable,
> expected is that they should be clearly visible, noticeable. Maybe
> the color should be inherited.
>
> I still do not understand why, in such test, the borders should
> collapse (in any browser) if border-collapse: separate is the default
>  browser CSS rule according to CSS 2.1.

Keep in mind that, in both of these cases, your results may vary based
upon a default UA style sheet, thus, making the defaults defined in
CSS2.1 a moot point.

— Patrick Garies