Re: [Backgrounds/Borders] What to do when a border-image fails to load

On Mar 29, 2009, at 6:28 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:

>> Should negative offsets be allowed for (b)?  I don't see why not,
>> but just thought I'd ask, since your proposal doesn't really say
>> one way or the other.
>
> I did think about that too after I posted it. I think negative
> offsets should be allowed, and could be useful for pushing the
> border images further into the padding-box/content-box area. I don't
> have any problem with that.

By the way, the visual result of using negative offsets is that it
would reveal whatever is behind the now invisible border-style border.
Since that one is still staking up space, it would be similar to
having a zero opacity border there, with the images of the image-
border moved inward to reveal that fact. Its a little odd, but
probably doesn't add much complexity at all to the rendering, so I
don't see any reason to prevent it.