Re: [Backgrounds/Borders] What to do when a border-image fails to load

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:58:52 +0100, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I guess I'm saying "let's just drop the ability to set border
> widths from border-image."

Then you always have to set two properties. Is it worth considering making
border-image a special form of border-style? That does not work for the
border-*-style properties, but the same applies to resetting border-image
by setting border. As a bonus it would make it easier to allow specifying
some kind of fallback in case the image fails to load, cannot be decoded,
is not supported, etc.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/