Re: @font-face, Font Families and Computed Values ?

On Monday 2009-03-23 20:06 -0700, Faruk Ateş wrote:
> I have a question about Font Family and the Computed Value. The spec [1]
> says that the Computed Value should be "As specified" but there is some
> ambiguity there:

I think Boris has largely explained the issues here, but I just
wanted to clarify one additional point:

The "Computed Value" lines in the CSS 2.1 specification describe
what the computed value is conceptually, not what it is
syntactically.  This is important for CSS, because it is the
computed value that is inherited.  (Examples where the Computed
Value lines differ in important ways by property are whether
percentage values remain percentages in the computed value or are
computed to some other type of value.)

We don't have a specification that defines canonical serialization
for either specified or computed values.

-David