Re: CSS3 missing selector

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Giovanni Campagna
<scampa.giovanni@gmail.com> wrote:
> <h1>Title
> <h2>Subtitle
> <h3>Sub-subtitle
> <h4>Sub-sub-subtitle
> <h3>Sub-subtitle 2
> <h1>Title 2

This markup is equivalent to the following explicitly sectioned
markup, in terms of the sectioning algorithm:

  <section>
    <h1>Title</h1>
    <section>
      <h1>Subtitle</h1>
      <section>
        <h1>Sub-subtitle</h1>
        <section>
          <h1>Sub-sub-subtitle</h1>
        </section>
      </section>
      <section>
        <h1>Sub-subtitle 2</h1>
      </section>
    </section>
  </section>
  <section>
    <h1>Title 2</h1>
  </section>

> What is ::content for h3?
> Would it include <h4>?

These should now be obvious from the explicitly sectioned markup I
have provided.

> What if I used <h7>?

That's not an element in HTML5, so it wouldn't be recognized as a
heading element (this is one of the reasons <section> was created, so
you could 'reset' the header depth and avoid running out of header
numbers!)

> What if "::content" was used in conjuction with a non heading element
> (like p::content)?
> What does "::content" mean on its own? Does it wrap all children of :root?

As I'm not the author of this proposal, and don't think I like it
exactly as stated, I'll forgo answering these.

~TJ