Re: Request to make http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/documents.html Public

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:20:43 -0700
To: Arthur Barstow <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks very much for your responses.
>
> Indeed, I am looking for the latest Editor's drafts [1] as well as some
> general info about the specs (such as [2] provides). It appears
> current-work.html [3] fails to meet the first requirement (but could if
> one of the two links per document block pointed to the latest Editor's
> draft instead of both pointing to .../TR/).
>
> -Regards, Art Barstow
>
> [1] <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/>
> [2] <http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/documents.html>
> [3] <http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work.html>

I've updated the current-work page with links to the public editors drafts.
(Should appear on the site as soon as I get net access.) That should resolve
[1]. As for [2], that information should already be there. If there's
something missing, then we should sync it.

 > Anyhow, I'm surely missing something because I don't understand the
 > opposition to make [2] Public.

There are a lot of old and outdated docs listed on that page, and most
of those are Members-only. I don't see any point in making that page
public, since most of the information there that isn't already on
current-work is links to Members-only documents. That doesn't seem very
useful to make public. I'd rather keep current-work up-to-date. It's
easier for me, and it's more useful to anyone who isn't doing CSSWG
archaeology.

~fantasai