Re: [css3-selectors] minor question about :not()

From: Zack Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:38:54 -0700
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:

> So let me explain : according to section 4, a pseudo-element is not a
> simple selector. It's then impossible to negate a pseudo-element.

Aha, but then there's still a wording problem: in

  a simple selector (excluding X and Y)

the parenthetical reads like it *modifies* "a simple selector"; i.e. it
gives the impression that X and Y *are* simple selectors but are not
permitted in this context.  I suggest just deleting the parenthetical
or replacing it with a cross-reference to the actual definition.

zw