Re: [CSS2.1] Yet another white-space issue with anonymous table objects

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 18:39:42 -0700
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Mar 9, 2009, at 6:32 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, if I wrap those three DIVs in another one that has 'display:
table row;' then I get what I described in Safari 3, which is plenty
good enough with me, and I can see that without that it is two tables,
not just two rows.

> If I  then put 'left: 3em;' into B (with the table-row around all
> three), I get this in Safari 3:
>
> AC  B
>
> But in Firefox 3 it moves down a line (under the table), like this:
>
> AC
>
> I don't have IE8 here at the moment, so I don't know what it does.

Oh, I do have Opera 9.6 though, and it does what Firefox does in that
situation.