Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Tokyo F2F Thurs: Page Breaking, GCPM, Image-Resolution, Multicol

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 02:44:40 -0700
To: robert@ocallahan.org
CC: www-style@w3.org, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>
Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> This is unfortunate; it means you can no longer add column styles to the
> and have it look good in browsers that support columns and browsers that
> don't :-(. That's the very reason I implemented margin collapsing across
> the column set boundary in the first place.

Hm, ok. Yep. I think that's a good point. I think the problem was no one
remembered why the rule was there in the first place.

Håkon, Murakami-san, I think we should reconsider this decision.
Murakami-san, Antenna House should be able to use "margin-break: keep"
for cases where the margin should be kept.

~fantasai