Re: [css3-fonts] font descriptor default values

From: Adam Twardoch <list.adam@twardoch.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 00:28:47 +0100
To: robert@ocallahan.org
CC: Michael Jansson <mjan@em2-solutions.com>, Thomas Phinney <tphinney@cal.berkeley.edu>, Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>, HÃ¥kon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>     BTW, I just looked at a test page I made and it seems that Safari
>     supports both http:// and file:// URL links to web fonts while Firefox
>     does not support file:// at all.
>

> That's because we default to a same-origin restriction on font loading.
> A local HTML file should be able to use file: to load a font in the same
> directory (or a descendant of that directory).

Thanks, that's good to know.

A.

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
(Hunter S. Thompson)