RE: New work on fonts at W3C

From: Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:05:29 -0400
To: "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: "Aryeh Gregor" <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, "Jonathan Kew" <jonathan@jfkew.plus.com>, <www-style@w3.org>

So you are saying that
- you would rather continue serve EOT to IE and raw TrueType to other
browsers, and
- you would rather be in a position where in order to do that you'd have
to rename each font file, or
- you would rather rely on a third-party solutions like TypeKit to do it
for you, and
- you don't mind having uncompressed font files being served from your
site.

You would really prefer to do all this rather than
- compress a font "as is" and create a single CSS module that works the
same way in all browsers.

Is this what you are saying?