Re: RE: New work on fonts at W3C

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:59:42 +0100
To: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com>, www-style@w3.org
2009/6/22 Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@monotypeimaging.com>

> For the purpose of this discussion let’s forget the DRM – nobody ever asked for one.

I'm sorry that I misunderstood you when you said, ("I intentionally
avoid saying that d-word but we all know what it is) created a
backbone for new business model to be put in place that both consumers
and content providers can live with."

I understood that you were advocating EOT as a DRM system to create "a
backbone for new business model."

> Do you truly believe that nobody would ever want to pay for a service or a product they like and need?

No, actually. Free software means a free market in developing the
software; it is absolutely not anti-commercial. Think of Red Hat.